This stunning simple syrup brings the heavenly, intoxicating scent of lavender into the kitchen – and goes just as well in cocktails or splashed in sparkling water.
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons fresh (or dried) lavender flowers
- 2 cups sugar
- purple food coloring (if desired)
- Bring water to a boil with lavender in.
- Add sugar and stir continuously until dissolved.
- Simmer for 20 mins.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Strain out lavender and add to a bottle.
- Shake in one drop of food colouring (if using).
- Use for Light & Bubbly Lavender Collins Recipe
The best lavender heads are those which have bloomed but are still tightly packed.
The purple color sadly is only achieved through food coloring. You can also use an equal mix of red and blue.